Image Map

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me, Happy Birthday To.....

I love spontaneous vacations! Especially when they are in a foreign country. 
We decided through TravelZoo we would take a last minute trip to Italy. It's close to my birthday, so I absolutely do not mind spending it in Italy. Talk about a fabulous birthday gift!

Rome is splendid!

 Welcome to the New York City of Italy. A city with wonderful food, addicting Gelato, astounding architecture, fabulously dressed people, and romantic accents. I could live here. 

I am a foodie, through and through, the food options are endless. I love wandering the quant cobblestone streets, meandering through alley ways and stumbling upon a piazza. A piazza full of bustling restaurants and romantic musicians serenading you throughout dinner. 
Did I die and go to heaven? 

I am soaking up the atmosphere in every possible sense. 
He is enjoying it almost as much as I am, however I would rather be enjoying it with anyone else at this moment. This is a storybook moment, I wish with every fiber of my body I could freeze time and savor it for just a bit longer. He interrupts my trance upon the musicians to ask, "Why are you so grumpy today?". I sarcastically reply, "Oh, I guess I am just tired from all the traveling." and go about listening to the violinist, attempting to tune him out. 

I can tell my lack of conversation is boring Him, which is not hard to notice since He has now whipped His phone out to start checking his usual business e-mails, and parusing ESPN and Facebook. Maybe now He will understand. 

He puts His phone away and asks the waiter for a rather expensive bottle of wine. 

Yep, He knows. 

I fight back every urge I have to get up from the table and storm off.

The waiter brings back the wine, pours a sample, He nods in approval, and the waiter pours each of us a glass. Once the waiter is gone He looks up and asks, "What would you like to do tonight for your birthday? Would you like to get Gelato after dinner?". 

I roll my eyes. I am bubbling with anger inside. How many times had we discussed my birthday? How many times had we talked about what I had wanted to do for my birthday? Had we not just had a conversation the night before? How could he have forgotten so easily, so quickly? 

I make the snide reply, "What in the WORLD would you do without Facebook to remind you it's my birthday?" He lowers his head and I fight back the urge to feel sorry for him. He mumbles under his breath, "I don't know.". 
I grab my wine glass, and turn my attention to the musician's again. 

Happy Birthday to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is THE best!
Share the love {even if it's Anonymously}!